What Is LC to LC UPC Duplex OS2 Single Mode 2.0mm PVC Fiber Patch Cable?
LC to LC UPC Duplex OS2 Single Mode 2.0mm PVC Fiber Patch Cable Fiber Patch Cord are used for connections to CATV (Cable Television), telecommunication networks, computer fiber networks and fiber test equipment. Applications include communication rooms, FTTH (Fiber to The Home), LAN (Local Area Network), FOS (fiber optic sensor), Fiber Optic Communication System, Optical fiber connected and transmitted equipment, Defense combat readiness, etc.
Fiber optic patch cable, often called fiber optic patch cord or fiber jumper cable, is a fiber optic cable terminated with fiber optic connectors on both ends. It has two major application areas: computer work station to outlet and fiber optic patch panels or optical cross connect distribution center. Fiber optic patch cables are for indoor applications only.
Types of fiber optic patch cables
1. Single mode fiber patch cables: Single mode fiber optic patch cables use 9/125 micron bulk single mode fiber cable and single mode fiber optic connectors at both ends. Single mode fiber optic cable jacket color is usually yellow. Here is the explanation of what is single mode and single mode fiber.
2. Multimode fiber patch cables: Multimode fiber optic patch cables use 62.5/125 micron or 50/125 micron bulk multimode fiber cable and terminated with multimode fiber optic connectors at both ends. Multimode fiber optic cable jacket color is usually orange. Here is the explanation of what is multimode and multimode fiber.
3. 10gig multimode fiber optic patch cables: 10Gig multimode fibers are specially designed 50/125 micron fiber optimized for 850nm VCSEL laser based 10Gig Ethernet. They are backward compatible with existing network equipment and provide close to three times the bandwidth of traditional 62.5/125 multimode fibers. 10 Gigabit is rated for distances up to 300 meters using 850nm Vertical Cavity Surface Emitting Lasers (VCSEL). 10Gig fiber optic cable jacket is usually aqua.
Fiber optic patch Cable Structure:
2. Duplex fiber optic patch cables: Duplex fiber patch cable has two fibers and two connectors on each end. Each fiber is marked “A” or “B” or different colored connector boots are used to mark polarity.
3. Ribbon fan-out cable assembly: For ribbon fan-out cable assembly, one end is ribbon fiber with multi fibers and one ribbon fiber connector such as MTP connector (12 fibers), the other end is multi simplex fiber cables with connectors such as ST, SC, LC, etc.
Connector design standards include
FC, SC, ST, LC, MTRJ, MPO, MU, SMA, FDDI, E2000, DIN4, and D4. Cables are classified by the connectors on either end of the cable; some of the most common cable configurations include FC-FC, FC-SC, FC-LC, FC-ST, SC-SC, and SC-ST
Connector Polishing Types:
Fiber optic connectors are designed and polished to different shapes to minimize back reflection. This is particularly important in single mode applications. Typical back reflection grades are -30dB, -40dB, -50dB and -60dB. Refer to this connector fiber polish types document for more information.
1. PC (Physical Contact): Typical back reflection <-40dB, for single mode and multimode applications.
2. UPC (Ultra Physical Contac t): Typical back reflection <-50dB, for single mode applications.
Fiber Cable Sizes:
You can choose your fiber cable jacket size for your particular application.
250um bare fiber
900um tight buffer fiber
1.6mm fiber optic cable
2.0mm fiber optic cable
3.0mm fiber optic cable