Huawei SmartAX MA5633 Coaxial Media Converter Product Overview
Huawei SmartAX MA5633 based on DOCSIS 3.0 and DOCSIS 3.1, is a coaxial media converter (CMC) dedicated to CATV network digitization and upgrade to a bi-directional network. It supports high-bandwidth multi-service access for MSOs.Huawei MA5633 series devices include the MA5633(D3.1, Cable Outlets on a Single Side), MA5633-XD20, MA5633-DD20, MA5633(D3.0), and MA5633-XB10. Huawei MA5633 supports GPON, RF interface.
Compact, rugged CCAP solution supporting ultra high capacity DOCSIS channels for the delivery of IP and RF video services to a
single service group with standard Cable Modems and Set Top Boxes for a variety of fiber-deep deployment scenarios
Huawei SmartAX MA5633 ONU is a CMC device based on DOCSIS3.0 and DOCSIS3.1 protocols. It is mainly oriented to the digitalization and bidirectional transformation of cable TV networks, and can provide broadcast and television operators with high-bandwidth multi-service access.
Huawei MA5633 series devices include MA5633 (second-generation D3.0), MA5633-XB10, MA5633 (D3.1) and other models.Huawei SmartAX MA5633 ONU supports GPON, RF and other interfaces, and VOD, HDTV, Internet access, voice, and enterprise VPN services for home users and enterprise users to meet various networking requirements of broadcast and television operators.
|General parameters||Dimensions (H×W×D)||400mm×153mm×275mm|
|Power supply mode||220 V AC local power supply, 60 V AC cable power supply|
|Working voltage range||60 V AC cable power supply: input 35 V to 90 V 220 V AC local power supply: input 90 V to 300 V|
|Power of the integrated device||Without a power amplifier: 39 W With a power amplifier: 93 W|
|IP protection level||IP65|
|Surge protection indicator||Power supply port: 6 kV (in common and differential modes) Strong current: 3 kA in differential mode; 5 kA in common mode RF port Impulse Current: 3kA|
|Working temperature||-40℃ to +55℃|
|Installation mode||In an outdoor cabinet, on a wall, or cable-mounting|
|RF port||Two options for CATV signal input and output: 1. Two input RF ports and two output RF ports 2. Four input RF ports and four output RF ports An input RF port connects to the output RF port on an optical receiver. An output RF port connects to a CM. Port type: T type (ANSI/SCTE 406-1998) and KS type (optional)|
|Other ports||One GE electrical port, one commissioning serial port, and one maintenance Ethernet port|
|CATV parameters||Channel frequency range||Downlink: 87–1002 MHz Uplink: 5–65 MHz|
|Channel width||Uplink: 1.6 MHz, 3.2 MHz, and 6.4 MHz Downlink: 6 MHz (American standard)/8 MHz(European standard)|
|Single channel frequency width||Downlink: 50M bit/s Uplink: 40M bit/s|
|Modulation mode||Downlink: QAM modulation and 64/256 QAM/1024 QAM Uplink: ATDMA/SCDMA modulation and QPSK/16 QAM/64 QAM/256 QAM|
|Maximum bandwidth||Downlink: 800M bit/s Uplink: 160M bit/s|
|Number of terminals||256|
|Standard compliance||DOCSIS 2.0/DOCSIS 3.0 Euro-DOCSIS 2.0/Euro-DOCSIS 3.0|
|Transmit level||Without a power amplifier: Transmit level of a single channel:107dBuv Transmit level of 16 channels:92dBuv With a power amplifier: Transmit level of a single channel:126dBuv Transmit level of 16 channels: 111dBuv|
|Reflection loss||> 12 dB (54–1002 MHz) > 10 dB (870–1002 MHz)|
|Input/output impedance||75 ohms|
|Delay||< 1 ms|
|Power amplifier gain (optional)||20 dB|
|Load balance||Load balance based on service stream bandwidth|
|Channel bonding||Bonding of a maximum of 16 channels in the downstream direction and four channels in the upstream direction|
The SmartAX MA5633 is mainly used in a passive optical network (PON) + Distribution-CMTS (D-CMTS) network for MSOs, which is connected to the coaxial cable distribution network using an RF port in the upstream direction and connected to an OLT using a PON port in the upstream direction. Such a networking mode supports 1000 Mbit/s access to a building and 100 Mbit/s access to a user’s home.
Huawei MA5633 ONU Product Feature
- High bandwidth, multi-service: Gigabit to the building, 100M to the home. The downlink can provide 16 frequency points, and the uplink can provide 4 frequency points.It provides CATV, HSI, VOD and other services for home users. It also supports L2VPN, enterprise access and Wifi hotspot coverage, and perfectly supports PacketCable.
- Compatible with HFC live network: Compatible with live network CM and OSS systems; built-in power multiplier to reduce equipment insertion loss, ensure that the coaxial distribution network does not change; guarantee zero change of HFC network
- Aggregation management: Aggregation management can shield the PON interface between the OLT and the CMC equipment. The CMC equipment does not need to be managed as an independent network element, reducing network maintenance OPEX.
- Highly integrated optical station: MA5633 integrates ONU, CMTS processing module, power multiplier, mixer, and receiver optical machine, greatly simplifying construction and installation, and easy maintenance.
- Co-platform construction with FTTx: Distributed CMTS (D-CMTS) supports co-platform construction, co-architecture, and co-network management with FTTx.