What is Corning Fiber 10G OM4 50/125μm Multimode Duplex Zipcord Tight Buffer Plenum Indoor Fiber Optic Cable?
Corning Fiber 10G OM4 50/125μm Multimode Duplex Zipcord Tight Buffer Plenum Indoor Fiber Optic Cable This duplex cable consist of two child single core fiber. Each single fiber is coated with 250µm soft plastic, and then covered with a 900µm tight buffer thick layer of hard plastic, which add some fiber protection. The Kevlar yarn material ensure a good performance of tensile strength. And the Flame retardant outer jacket could be used in Riser environment. The cable diameter of each child single-fiber is 1.6mm, 2.0mm, 3.0mm optional.
OM4 fiber is completely backwards compatible with OM3 fiber and shares the same distinctive aqua jacket. OM4 was developed specifically for VSCEL laser transmission and allows 10 Gig/s link distances of up to 550m compared to 300M with OM3. And it’s able to run 40/100GB up to 150 meters utilizing a MPO connector.
- Soft,flexible and easy to do stripping, splicing and cabling
- Good mechanical and environmental characteristics
- The mechanical and physical characteristics of the outer jacket meet the requirement of relevant standards
- Kevlar yarn material ensure a good performance of tensile strength 900µm tight buffer protect the fiber well
- Single core round tight buffered indoor fiber optical cable applications
- Used in patch cords and pigtails
- Interconnection of fiber optic equipment