What is 96-192 Core Optic Splice Joint Closure Dome-Vertical Types 1 in 4 out F107H?
96-192 Core Optic Splice Joint Closure Dome-Vertical Types 1 in 4 out F107H are used to distribute, splice, and store the outdoor optical cables which enter and exit from the ends of the closure. There are two connection ways: direct connection and splitting connection. They are applicable to situations such as overhead, manwell of pipeline, embedded situation etc. Comparing with terminal box,the closure requires much stricter requirement of seal. Sealing ring and air valve are required for closure, but that are not necessary for terminal box.
Dome/Vertical Optical Fiber Splice Closure looks like a dome, thus it is also called dome fiber optic splice closure or fiber dome closure. The dome shape makes it easy to be buried in many applications, though it also can be used above-ground as well.
Due to the growing network demands, there is a wide range of models and configurations of vertical fiber optic splice closures. High-capacity versions and variations in the number of splicing trays are also available in the market to meet the complex needs of today’s fiber-optic networks. The number of inlet/outlet ports of the dome fiber optic closure also varies with application needs. Dome fiber optic splice closure requires high-levels seals and waterproof technology, due to its underground applications. Besides, keeping insects and dirt out is also important for underground closures.
96-192 Core Optic Splice Joint Closure Dome-Vertical Types 1 in 4 out F107H Fiber optic closure, also known as fiber optic splicing closures, is a device used to provide space and protection for fiber optic cables spliced together. The fiber optic closure connects and stores optical fibers safely either in the outside plant or indoor buildings. It can provide protection for the fiber joint and the fiber cables since they have excellent mechanical strength and strong out shell, which ensures the joints are not damaged by the hostile environment.
- The closure casing is made of quality engineering plastics, and of good performance of anti-erosion against acid and alkali salt, anti-aging, as well as smooth appearance and reliable mechanical structure.
- The mechanical structure is reliable and has the performance of resisting wild environment and intensive climate changes and serious working environment. The protection grade reaches IP68.
- The closures are applicable to ribbon type optical cable and common optical cable.
- The splice trays inside the closure are turn-able like booklets, and have adequate curvature radius and space for winding optical fiber to make sure the curvature radius for optical winding 40mm.Each optical cable and fiber can be operated individually.
- The closure is of small volume, big capacity and convenient maintenance.The elastic rubber seal rings inside the closure are of good sealing and sweat-proof performance.
- The casing can be opened repeatedly without air leakage. No special tools are required. The operation is easy and simple. The air valve is provided for the closure and used to check the sealing performance.
Standard Accessories 96-192 Core Optic Splice Joint Closure Dome-Vertical Types 1 in 4 out F107H
- Tag paper:2pcs
- Sand paper :2pcs
- Silver paper :2pcs
- Sealing rubber strip：1pcs
- Insulating tape：1pcs
- Metal hanger ：2pcs
- Grounding wire：1pcs
- Cable tie:3mm*10mm 12pcs
- Fiber protective tube：6 pcs
- Heat-shrink sleeve:1.0mm*3mm*60mm 192 pcs
- Heat shrink tubing:1 bag
- Pole accessories:1 pcs（Optional Accessories ）
Dimensions and Capability
- Dimensions (D*H): 470mm*205mm
- Max Capacity: 192 Cores
- Number of Cable Entrance/Exit: 1:4
- Diameter of Cable:4 small round ports(21mm) and 1 large oval port(34mm)
- Humidity:≤95% (at 40℃)
- Air Pressure:70kPa ~106kPa
Technical Specifications 96-192 Core Optic Splice Joint Closure Dome-Vertical Types 1 in 4 out F107H
- Seal performance: after the box is sealed, inflate to 100kPa inwards (inflation only apply to the models with the air hole),and then soak it in the water of normal temperature, after 15 minutes of steady observation,
- there is no bubble to overflow.
- Insulation resistance: the insulation resistance between the metal work piece and the earth is greater than 20kMΩ.
- Pressurization: there is no breakdown or flash-over under 15kVdc/1min between the metal work piece and the earth.
- The curvature radius of the fiber 40mm, without extra loss inside the splice tray.
- It can bear the axial tensile strength no less than 1000N.
- Lifetime: 25 years.
- Other performances are all in accordance with the requirement of standard YD/T814-1998.
Factors to Consider When Choosing Fiber Optic Closure
The optical network structure is often complex, especially the optical access part has unique requirements to function well. A reliable fiber optic splice closure will eliminate lots of unnecessary issues. For example, for the network distribution system, a long-lasting, durable optical closure can avoid frequent check of the access link part. And as the network reaches the distribution stage and drop lines, a splice closure that allows adding more connections will be great. The following factors will help you to choose the right fiber optic splice closures and protect the fiber optics in your network.
1. Cable Compatibility
A good fiber optic closure shall be capable of accepting any fiber optic cable as specified in the tender document. Thus, it is vital to figure out cable compatibility before selecting the right closure type. The design of fiber optic splice closure changes with the application areas. Therefore, a fiber optic splice closure for aerial will have a different design from that used for the underground application.
2. Numbers of Cable Ports
The cable port is also known as the cable entrance capacity. The number of ports in a fiber optic closure reflects its capacity to handle the number of cables. The cable entrance capacity of a fiber optic splice closure refers to the number of ports available for terminating cable within the closure. The number of ports provided in a closure depends on factors such as the network capacity and the number of cables employed in the network. Usually, in an attempt to reduce the physical size of high-capacity closures, smaller ports shall be utilized for branch cables and drop cables.
3. Termination System
Before choosing the splice closure type, the cable termination system should be designed to provide sufficient mechanical strength between the cable and closure to ensure its performance throughout the lifetime. The materials used for fiber optic splice closures shall also be capable of minimizing or negating the effects of relative motion between cable components because the materials used in optical fibers are easy to thermal expansion and contraction.
4. Types of Splices
The splice trays within the fiber optic splice closure can’t hold enough cables if the cables do not be spliced properly. Usually, ribbon or mechanical splices have a larger size, which may lead to capacity loss of the closure trays. A suitable configuration of the splices can avoid installation problems and help improve performance. Therefore, the types of splices should be considered when choosing a fiber splice closure.
5. Bonding & Grounding
Proper bonding and grounding of conductive elements of the optical network shall be provided for the safe deployment and operation of the network.
6. Hardware and Accessory
Aerial fiber optic closures may need to hang on the messenger wire depending on the network configuration. Or they may be attached to the pole. In both cases, extra hardware is required along with the closures. The hardware or accessories to attach and secure should be able to bear wear and tear and also environmental stresses.
7. Cable Management
Keeping a low bend radius in fiber cables installations is important. The link performance may be affected if this factor is ignored. A fiber optic closure that can support well cable management should be considered when making a choice. And splice closures that allow for easy installation can eliminate excessive stress or damage during handling.
96-192 Core Optic Splice Joint Closure Dome-Vertical Types 1 in 4 out F107H