What Is 2×12 RIBBON Fibers Fusion Splice protection sleeve?
2×12 RIBBON Fibers Fusion Splice protection sleeve GT RIBBON series sleeves are applied in bar fiber-optic cables of the RIBBON type. They enable to secure up to twelve fibers in one sleeve. Excellent climatic and thermal properties make it ideal for use in closed as well as open spaces. The main goals during design phase were: full protection of the fiber optic splices and quickness of assembly. Initial shrinking of the sleeve was taken into account during the production process to reduce the gap between the tubes. This protects the internal tube and ceramic strengthening element from falling out. The sleeves we produce offer full protections the fiber optic splices. They do not cause additional insert losses, and they offer protection against mechanical damage, pollution and weather conditions.
GT series is characterized by ability to secure up to 12 fibers in one shield and quickness of assembly (120s). The sleeve consists of a D-shaped ceramic strengthening element (dimensions 1.55×2.9mm up to 6 fibers, 1.9×3.9mm up to 12 fibers).
1. Special design by the cross linking polyolefin melt pipe, and composed of ceramic fiber connection. Protect components, no influence of fiber optical properties
2. Protect and improve in mechanical strength
3. Simple operation, reduce the risk of fiber damage during installation
4. Transparent, casting fiber connection clearly
5. Sealing structure make the splice free from effect of temperature and humidity.
6. Operating fully recovery temperature:-45 to 100 degree
7. Minimum fully recovery temperature: 120 degree
Pin diameter (D type): 1.9×3.9 (up to 12 fibers)mm ceramic
Minimum installation temperature: 120 °C
Max installation time: 85 seconds
Standard color: Clear
Compliant norms: UL224, MIL-I-23053, GR-1380-CORE, ZN-96 TPSA-006
Packing: 50pcs packed to one zip-bag (12pc/bag is optional)